2018 Invitation to Host a Conference
A significant feature of the Association is the International Town & Gown University-City Relations Conference that brings together the world's largest network of campus community professionals who meet annually to share promising practices that address the unique challenges and opportunities common to institutions of higher education and their host communities.
ITGA is currently accepting Letters of Interest from member University/City partnerships interested in hosting the 2018 Conference. ITGA member institutions interested in hosting the annual ITGA conference must submit a Letter of Interest and proposal that includes:
- Name of conference chair
- Conference theme
- Proposed conference dates
- Why the institution (city/university) would be an ideal hosts
- Proposed conference schedule
- Suggested speakers/coordinators for roundtable
- Written support from university/city/or other local institutions
- Description of city/university lodging options and pricing, and transportation access
- Suggested activities/landmarks
- Proposed conference budget
- List of local sponsors
- Short video from local city visitor's bureau (to be used for marketing)
Benefits to hosting the ITGA Conference
Hosting the ITGA Conference allows members the opportunity to highlight their town & gown partnerships, collaborations, strategies and promising practices that contribute to the enhanced quality of life in their community. It provides the host the opportunity to showcase their institution and community to conference attendees from around the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and beyond.
to view conference guidelines.
All proposals must be emailed to Beth Bagwell by February 1, 2017.
Election Process: ITGA President-Elect Janet Lillie will chair the Conference Host Selection Committee and bids will be reviewed beginning February 2017. Recommendations from the Committee will be forwarded to the Full ITGA Board of Directors for final approval no later than March 15, 2017.